Each fall, the TV networks throw a bunch of new shows at us, and it's getting harder and harder to figure out which ones are deserving of our precious viewing hours. Luckily, we here at Yahoo! TV are here to help: We've watched all the new network series and selected six to highlight as our Editors' Picks — the absolute best and buzziest of the fall crop.
"Buffy" star Sarah Michelle Gellar returns to TV in style with this mind-bending thriller, playing twin sisters who are both hiding darksecrets. It's great to see Gellar back on the small screen (twice!), and the first episode delivers so many shocking twists and turns, you won't be able to catch your breath. Heck, we're still catching ours.
Recent "Ringer" headlines:
- 'Ringer's' Kristoffer Polaha: Henry's a D-Bag, But Viewers Will Soon See Why
- Ringer's Nestor Carbonell: Bridget "Is My Island"
- Sarah Michelle Gellar: I Have Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Ask Matt: Entourage, Ringer, Closer, Torchwood and More!
The effortlessly charming Zooey Deschanel headlines this new comedy as a quirky girl who responds to heartbreak by moving in with a trio of male strangers. Deschanel's unique appeal helps carry the show, whether she's clumsily flirting with a guy or spontaneously breaking into song. Bottom line: If you like her, you'll love this.
Recent "New Girl" headlines:
- Exclusive: SNL and Californication Actresses Head to New Girl
- Fox's "New Girl" invited to stay for full TV season
- Win a Trip To L.A. to Hang Out on the Set of New Girl!
- Not Really a 'New Girl': How Zooey Deschanel Plays the Same Character in Everything
This slick techno-thriller from J.J. Abrams features "Lost" star Michael Emerson as a shadowy billionaire who has access to a massive surveillance database; he recruits a former special agent (Jim Caviezel) to use the data to stop crimes before they happen. "Interest" packs plenty of action, and its theme of modern technology and the lack of privacy it brings couldn't be more timely.
Recent "Person of Interest" headlines:
- Life After 'Lost': Is Person of Interest's Michael Emerson Really the Good Guy?
- Exclusive: Check Out the New 'Person of Interest' Opening Titles Before They Air
- How the Networks Are Scrambling to Persuade Viewers to Sample New Shows
- What Are the 10 Most Anticipated New Fall Shows?
Emily VanCamp ("Everwood") stars in this sexy drama as a mysterious young woman who infiltrates the Hamptons' social elite to exact vengeance on the people who ruined her father's life. It's reminiscent of juicy primetime soaps like "Dynasty," where the most glamorous people have the most skeletons in their closets, and watching VanCamp's character take down her stinking-rich enemies is strangely satisfying.
Recent "Revenge" headlines:
- Watercooler: The Best Revenge
- Q&A: Emily VanCamp Talks 'Revenge,' Her Billboard Shock & Zombies
- Revenge's Emily VanCamp: "I Hope People Will Root for Her"
- Matt's Guide to Wednesday Night TV
Come fly the friendly skies with ABC's new 1960s-set drama. Christina Ricci leads a crew of beautiful Pan Am stewardesses who become the "It" girls of the Jet Age, watching the culture evolve from 30,000 feet in the air. Throw in some Cold War espionage and a few romantic entanglements, and "Pan Am" might be the best time you've spent on a plane in years.
Recent "Pan Am" headlines:
- Ratings: Pan Am Has Smooth Takeoff; CBS Shows Down, Fox Mixed
- 'Pan Am' Among Season's Priciest Pilots
- ABC's 'PAN AM' Promotion Sends Lookalike Stewardesses Into Canadian Streets
- Ask Matt: The Closer, Damages, New Girl, Pan Am and More!
Executive producer Steven Spielberg returns to "Jurassic Park" territory with this time-traveling adventure. In the future, pollution renders Earth uninhabitable, so citizens use a rip in the space-time continuum to travel back in time 85 million years, to the age of dinosaurs. The new society they establish looks as idyllic as Pandora in "Avatar," but watch out: These dinosaurs aren't exactly the cute-and-cuddly Dino type.
Recent "Terra Nova" headlines:
- A look behind the making of "Terra Nova" dinosaurs
- Fox's Kevin Reilly on 'X Factor' Ratings, 'Terra Nova' and Fixing 'Glee' (Exclusive Q&A)
- Ratings: Terra Nova Has Solid, But Not Monster-Sized Debut; Men Still Strong
- Long time in making, 'Terra Nova' may be worth wait