FBI Most Wanted list criminal Raymond "Red" Reddington (James Spader) wants to help the FBI bring down his fellow baddies, but only if the agency allows him to work with newbie profiler Elizabeth Keen (Megan Boone). Why Keen? She doesn't know, and neither does her portrayer, "Law & Order: Los Angeles" alum Boone. "I have a lot of information about Elizabeth's backstory, and where she is projected to go at this point. I don't have information about why Red is there, and why he wants to work with Elizabeth, because Elizabeth doesn't know that yet. But James knows that information about Red," Boone says. "Each actor on the show knows what he or she needs to know to play their character, but all of us have chosen to keep the rest of it a mystery, so it can unravel for us as it does for our characters. It makes it that much easier to do our jobs."
Boone, 30, who has also starred in "Sex and the City 2," "Step Up Revolution," and "Blue Bloods," is one of fall TV's breakout leading ladies, and we asked the actress to run through our "Speed Date" questionnaire, where she agreed to answer our rapid-fire, speed date-style questions to give viewers the chance to get to know her a little better. Five minutes on the clock, and... go!
1. Where did you grow up? I grew up in a retirement community in Florida.
2. Are you close to your family? Very close. My grandpa cried at the end of the pilot, and I don't think it's because he really wanted Tom [Elizabeth's husband] to be a good guy.
3. When did you realize you wanted to become an actress? There wasn't really a moment of realization. I just had imaginary friends and played out scenes with them, and once those went away, I started putting on plays on my back porch. I was just always drawn to it.
4. What was the first movie you ever saw? It was something inappropriate, but I think I was very young and I saw "Dirty Dancing."
5. What was the last movie you saw? "Awakenings" with Robert De Niro.
6. Do you have pets? I have a dog, Greta, but she's on my sister's farm right now, because I don't have any time during the day to give her love.
7. What's the longest relationship you've been in? Three years.
8. Do you want kids? Desperately.
9. Have you ever had a roommate from hell? Yeah, but I'm sure she's in heaven now.
10. What's your biggest pet peeve? Pet peeves.
11. What did you do last Friday night? Cuddled.
12. What do you never leave home without? A book and a toothbrush.
13. Who's your best friend? My family members would be really mad if I chose one of them, so I have to say all of them.
14. What food can't you stand? The most delicious food that makes you gain lots of weight.
15. Do have any allergies? I'm allergic to attitude.
16. Do you go out to eat alone? Not really, it's uncomfortable.
17. Do you go to movies alone? Yes, I love it.
18. When was the last time you looked up an ex on Facebook? I have not been on Facebook in over four years, so at least four years ago.
19. What are your acting superstitions? Props hate me.
20. Who is your dream co-star? Diane Keaton.
21. Do you play sports? All of them. I try everything, but I'm only kind of good at all of them, never really great.
22. Have you ever seen a ghost? When I was a kid, I used to have imaginary friends, if that counts.
23. Have you ever voted in a reality TV competition? Only out loud in the middle of my living room.
24. How many countries have you visited? Oh, lots. I traveled around Europe and Central America. I don't know the number right off the top of my head, but a fair amount.
25. Do you speak any other languages? "Woman." (Laughing)
26. What's your favorite holiday? Halloween.
27. What's your sign? Taurus.
28. Are you a typical example of that sign? I'm loyal and stubborn and ambitious, so yes.
29. What are your deal breakers? You have to be absolutely crazy about me. If you're not, that's it.
30. Did you have a nickname as a child? May, the Goon Boon. It has a song that goes along with it ... "May, the goon boon." My grandpa made it up.
Watch a scene of Boone in "The Blacklist":
"The Blacklist" airs Mondays at 10 p.m. on NBC.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Megan Boone
- Elizabeth Keen
- James Spader