This is a celebration-heavy week for "The Michael J. Fox Show" actress Juliette Goglia. She turned 18 on Sunday and celebrated by having dinner with friends and watching her TV parents — icon Fox and "Breaking Bad" star Betsy Brandt — on the Emmys telecast. She'll enjoy a combination birthday celebration/series premiere party this week as "The Michael J. Fox Show" debuts on Thursday. "It's a great birthday present to have the show premiering this week," says Goglia, who plays the only daughter of Fox's Mike Henry. "Everyone's really excited, because working with Michael is such an honor, and on top of it, we get to do this incredible comedy with some of the best writers in the business," says Goglia, who has had recurring roles on a handful of TV shows.
In keeping with the theme of her celebratory week, Yahoo TV asked the actress to play along with our new Speed Date feature, where we pepper her with as many questions — rapid-fire, speed-dating-style — as she can answer in five minutes.
1. Where did you grow up? I grew up in Thousand Oaks, California. It's this cute little suburb that's, like, 45 minutes north of Los Angeles.
2. Are you close to your family? I'm really close with my family. I have an older brother and an older sister, and they're my best friends. My sister's living with me in New York right now.
3. When did you realize you wanted to become an actress? When I was really little. I was 3 years old, and I used to watch my older sister perform in theater, and I was always in the wings, just mouthing along with the lyrics and lines, and I started acting professionally at age 7.
4. What was the first movie you ever saw? I'm pretty sure it was "Beauty and the Beast," the Disney classic. But I grew up watching movies like "The Princess Bride," "Three Amigos," "Mrs. Doubtfire," "Good Burger"…
5. What was the last movie you saw? "Dr. Strangelove."
6. Do you have pets? Yes, I have three dogs and a cat, and one of my dogs is with me in New York.
7. What's the longest relationship you've been in? In high school I dated my boyfriend for three years, and we're not together any more, but he's still one of my best friends.
8. Do you want kids? Probably. I think I want to adopt.
9. Have you ever had a roommate from hell? Not yet.
10. What's your biggest pet peeve? Incorrect grammar.
11. What did you do last Friday night? I was filming the Christmas episode of "The Michael J. Fox Show," and we had fake snow and Christmas trees. It was really fun.
12. What do you never leave home without? Chapstick and my phone.
13. Who's your best friend? My friend Hogan. He's in "Newsies" on Broadway right now, and I've known him since I was about 9 years old. I wrote my first song about him … I used to have a crush on him.
14. What food can't you stand? Most healthy food. I'm awful. But I really despise pickles. That's my least favorite food, and I did a movie once where I had to eat pickles throughout it, it was part of the storyline, and it was just traumatizing.
15. Do have any allergies? Dairy.
16. Do you go out to eat alone? I tried once, and I was approached by this really cute guy, so I ended up just eating with him. I like the idea of eating alone, I've just never actually done it.
17. Do you go to movies alone? I love that. I try to go to the movies alone as often as I can. I think it's really fun to experience movies in a theater, by yourself.
18. When was the last time you looked up an ex on Facebook? Um, five minutes ago.
19. What are your acting superstitions? When I was younger, I used to do a good-luck cartwheel before every audition, but as I got older, I started wearing dresses and skirts to auditions, so it got a little tricky.
20. Who is your dream co-star? Joseph Gordon Levitt. He is just dreamy.
21. Do you play sports? I've danced my whole life. I used to be a gymnast. And I ride horses, and I was really bad at T-ball as a little kid.
22. Have you ever seen a ghost? I think so. In this San Diego haunted house once when I was younger.
Watch a trailer for "The Michael J. Fox Show":
"The Michael J. Fox Show" premieres Sept. 26 at 9 p.m. on NBC.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Juliette Goglia