So last night, this season's top 8 Idols performed songs from the totally awesome '80s. So how did Sarah get inspired for tonight's totally awesome snack recipe? "Pasta Salad was huge in the '80s and it gave me the perfect excuse to use up some of the fresh veggies in my fridge," she says. "This recipe is probably the easiest one I've made yet!"
Lemony Pasta Salad
▪ 1 pound cooked fusilli pasta, cooled
▪ 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
▪ 4 oz reduced-fat feta cheese, cubed
▪ 1 lemon, juice and zest
▪ 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
▪ 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
▪ 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
▪ 1 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
▪ kosher salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to the package directions and cool. In a large bowl, mix the pasta and the remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. Season with the salt and pepper to taste (I used around 1 tsp of each). Top with a few pieces of bell pepper and sprinkle with some thyme.
Check out Sarah's food and music blogs at http://sarahsmusicalkitchen.com
- American Idol