All on the Line" and "The City," and from his cameo appearances on series like "Ugly Betty" and "Gossip Girl" ... but did you know that he was also a fashion consultant on the movie "Zoolander"? Or that he used to listen to cassette tapes of his favorite TV show — "My Three Sons" — as a child? This week, Zee hosts an engrossing new Sundance Channel special, "Revealing: Extravagance," in which insiders like Iman and Zac Posen discuss our obsession with luxury goods, while Zee tries to track down the "Rainbow Girls," a group of designer-goods thieves in San Francisco. The special is the first of four Zee will host for Sundance Channel in the next year, and to celebrate, we asked the fashion guru and pop culture devotee to share his POPsessions with Yahoo TV.You know Elle magazine creative director Joe Zee from reality shows like "
1. Have you ever dressed as a celeb for Halloween? Who? Yes, I was Macaulay Culkin as Michael Alig [from "Party Monster"].
2. What article of clothing could you not live without? Underwear.
3. What song was playing during your first kiss? "Don't You (Forget About Me)" by Simple Minds (my first taste of irony, too, I guess).
4. Did you have a poster of a celeb on your wall when you were a kid or a teen? Christie Brinkley.
5. What is your favorite karaoke song? "Stan" by Eminem.
6. Who is your TV crush? Lena Dunham.
7. What movie makes you cry? "Titanic."
8. What movie character do you wish you could be? Jack Dawson.
9. What's the TV show you never miss? "Chopped."
10. What TV show would you like to live in? "So You Think You Can Dance."
11. Who is your favorite tweeter? @UberFacts.
12. What do you eat or drink while watching a movie in the theater? Medium popcorn, no butter, big water, but I never finish either.
13. What was the first movie you saw? "Star Wars."
14. What TV theme song do you still remember the words to? "Three's Company."
15. What's the guiltiest pleasure currently on your DVR? "Breaking Amish: Los Angeles."
16. What is your favorite album? The first Madonna album.
17. What was your first concert? The Smiths.
18. What website do you visit when no one is watching? WebMD.
19. What phone app do you use the most? Mail, but then Instagram.
20. What was on your favorite T-shirt when you were growing up? Tied between Mickey Mouse and Cheap Trick.
Watch the "Revealing: Extravagance" trailer:
"Revealing: Extravagance" premieres Sept. 20 at 9 p.m. on Sundance Channel.
Check out more POPsessions
- Arts & Entertainment
- Joe Zee