Scott Baio has been popping up on our TV screens for more than 30 years, when the then-16-year-old actor premiered in his first iconic role, as the "wa-wa-wa"-ing, Joanie-dating nephew of The Fonz on "Happy Days." Baio, who has also starred on the big screen, and been a recording artist, a TV director, and a reality series star, is back in primetime with the second season of his Nick at Nite sitcom "See Dad Run." On the show, where he's also an executive producer, Baio plays Hobbs, an actor who becomes a stay-at-home dad to his three kids when his actress wife decides she wants to go back to work.Chachi Arcola. Charles. Dr. Jack Stewart. Bob Loblaw. And now, David Hobbs.
The 52-year-old, who also recently reunited with his "Happy Days" cohorts Ron Howard and Henry Winkler in the Netflix-revamped "Arrested Development," took time out of his busy dad schedule — on TV, and in real-life to daughter Bailey and stepdaughter Kalyn — to share his POPsessions with Yahoo TV.
1. Have you ever dressed as a celeb for Halloween? Who? I went as Jack Nicholson from "The Shining."
2. What article of clothing could you not live without? Nice, clean underwear, of course.
3. Who is your favorite tweeter? Honestly, my wife. She can be very funny.
4. What do you eat or drink while watching a movie in the theater? Coke, popcorn, and Nestle Buncha Crunch.
5. What was the first movie you saw? "One Million B.C." with Raquel Welch.
6. What song was playing during your first kiss? It was in my friend John Leary's basement, and I think it was The Rascals' "People Got To Be Free."
7. Did you have a poster of a celeb on your wall when you were a kid or a teen? Absolutely, Marilyn Monroe, Brigitte Bardot and Raquel Welch.
8. What movie makes you cry? "Field of Dreams" makes me cry every single time ... the end when he wants to have a catch with his dad.
9. What movie character do you wish you could be? Why, Superman, of course.
10. What's the TV show you never miss? "Magic City," but they cancelled it. Also, "Boardwalk Empire" and "The O'Reilly Factor."
11. What TV show would you like to live in? "Magic City."
12. Who is your TV crush? Barbara Eden, "I Dream of Jeanie." Always and forever.
13. What TV theme song do you still remember the words to? Everyone I grew up with. "Gilligan's Island," "Gigantor," "Mr. Ed" ... I could go on.
14. What's the guiltiest pleasure currently on your DVR? "SpongeBob SquarePants."
15. What is your favorite karaoke song? "Summer Wind."
16. What is your favorite album? "Frank Sinatra's Greatest Hits."
17. What was your first concert? Chuck Berry.
18. What website do you visit when no one is watching? My own: http://www.scottbaio.com/.
19. What phone app do you use the most? Don't use apps on my phone.
20. What was on your favorite T-shirt when you were growing up? So long ago I don't think they wrote on T-shirts back then ... I could be wrong.
Watch a full episode of "See Dad Run":
"See Dad Run" airs Sundays at 8 p.m. on Nick at Nite.
Check out more POPsessions
- Arts & Entertainment
- Raquel Welch