It takes a lot to step out from under the shadow of Hulk Hogan (literally — the man is 6'7"), but Brooke Hogan has done just that. She's a singer, actress, model, and television personality — she's even spent a little time in the wrestling ring. Now, she's moved into voice acting. She plays three characters on Adult Swim's "China, IL," airing Sundays at 11:30 p.m.
We got her to come clean about her pop culture obsessions, plus what's in her browser history now. And psst, Brooke? The Allstate Mayhem guy's name is Dean Winters. If you and Phil Costa don't work out, we'll get you his number — or at least his Twitter account.
1. Have you ever dressed as a celeb for Halloween? Who? Selena the pop Latino singer. My purple costume fell apart.
2. What article of clothing could you not live without? Camel biker boots.
3. What do you eat or drink while watching a movie in the theater? Popcorn — no butter — and Diet Coke.
4. What was the first movie you saw? "The Little Mermaid."
5. What song was playing during your first kiss? Something Backstreet Boys. Do I sound old?
6. Did you have a poster of a celeb on your wall when you were a kid or a teen? Three letters: JTT, Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
7. What movie makes you cry? "Because I Said So."
8. What's the guiltiest pleasure currently on your DVR? What does DVR stand for? I know TV, CD, VHS, DVD, and LOL. Although I rarely ever "laugh out loud" when I type it — more like "small evil chuckle to myself" or "little odd laugh" ... LOL... Ahem, that wasn't little. LOL.
9. What movie character do you wish you could be? Goldie Hawn or Jennifer Aniston in anything. Confident and funny all the time!
10. What's the TV show you never miss? It was "Saved By The Bell." Then I fell off the face of the earth TV show-wise until now. Honestly, "China, IL." I started watching it to see what I sounded like behind a silly cartoon, then I actually fell in love with the show.
11. What TV show would you like to live in? Did that: "Brooke Knows Best." Doing that: in cartoon world. Hahaha!!!
12. Who is your TV crush? The Mayhem commercial guy.
13. What website do you visit when no one is watching? I google "size twelve, cute, non-ugly-loafer, women's shoe" and hope...
14. What phone app do you use the most? Instagram.
15. Who is your favorite tweeter? @Fact.
16. What TV theme song do you still remember the words to? "Rainbow Brite."
17. What is your favorite karaoke song? "I Will Survive."
18. What is your favorite album? Stevie Nicks, "Crystal Visions."
19. What was your first concert? Backstreet Boys
20. What was on your favorite T-shirt when you were growing up? "Clearwater Beach, FL" outfit from a souvenir shop on the beach. I was about three years old and it was a little toddler crop top made out of soft stretchy T-shirt material. It had a fringe edge with plastic beads at the ends. I slept in it, ate in it, swam in it, everything.
21. Did you collect anything when you were a kid? Beads that fell on the floor from gowns at the dress shops my mom shopped in. I thought they were treasures. Then I would hide in the racks and scare my poor mother.
22. What's the best birthday present you ever received? My mom’s friend Barbie dressed up as a real Barbie — two years in a row.
"China, IL" airs Sundays at 11:30 p.m. on Adult Swim.
Check out more POPsessions
- Arts & Entertainment
- Brooke Hogan
- Hulk Hogan
- Adult Swim