6. Carin made lunch for Coolio and tried to get to know him, and if she had hung in with it a little longer -- or if he had -- she might have broken through. Coolio admitted to being a "mama's boy" and said he didn't know his father well, because Dad spent most of Coolio's childhood in the penitentiary. But soon he shies away from the topic, calling Carin confrontational and leaving the table. It's not an excuse for his standoffish behavior, but it explains a lot about his reluctance to bond with the kids (and about Carin's savvy in spotting it).
7. Carin did get him to consent to join a family ice-skating outing. He complained endlessly about it and called it "a Caucasian sport," but once he had some pads on, he had a good time.
8. Mark dreaded obeying Mimi's rule about putting Lydon to sleep, alone, in his own bed. We don't blame Mark; sleep-training is a notorious nightmare. Imagine our surprise -- and our attempts to figure out how long it really took sans editing -- when Mimi stuck the landing in, no joke, three minutes. On the other hand, Mimi obviously doesn't mess around. Maybe she really did break the kid of a bad habit that quickly.
9. At the summit, Carin was a little defensive about not letting her kids grow up, but quickly got over it. Mimi, meanwhile, was just plain over it -- with Coolio, thanks to seeing how present and involved Mark was with his family. Coolio tried to act hard, but soon admits straight out that he'd "been slacking, straight up," and that he got stuck in single-man, "selfish" mode. Great, there's hope!
10. …Not so fast. Six weeks after the show, Mark and Carin had kept working on things like not hovering, toilet-training, and family dinners. Mimi, having seen insufficient effort on Coolio's part, packed up her kids and broke things off with him, which is too bad…for him. We think she's got a great future as a life coach.
Twitter thought she could do better:
Watching celebrity wife swap. I line that MiMi chick. Tough. Assertive. Hard working. That's a role model. Now she needs to ditch loser man.— Diana R. Penn (@drpenn) March 6, 2013
What did you think? Were you expecting more drama? Do you want Mimi to come run your life? Break it down in the comments.
Watch the full episode:
"Celebrity Wife Swap" airs Tuesdays at 8 PM on ABC.