Stephanie Herman has been promoted to VP Casting at 20th Century Fox TV. She reports to EVP Talent and Casting Sharon Klein. “Stephanie’s rise at the studio has been meteoric, and deservedly so,” Klein said. “She is so creative and smart, and she’s unbelievably wise beyond her years.” Herman joined the studio in 2006 directly upon graduating from UC Davis. She started off as as an assistant and rose through the ranks from coordinator to manager to director and now VP. Herman serves as the studio’s primary casting executive on the flagship ABC comedy series Modern Family, and has helped land such guest stars on CBS’ How I Met Your Mother as Katy Perry, Carrie Underwood, John Lithgow, Martin Short, Jennifer Morrison and Becky Newton. Herman also brought Geoff Stults on to HIMYM as a guest star, which led to the studio signing him to a talent deal and ultimately casting him as the lead in the Bones spinoff The Finder. Additionally, she cast Krysten Ritter and Dreama Walker on Don’t Trust the B—- in Apt. 23, and found Dakota Johnson when the Ben And Kate pilot was in limbo after original lead Abby Elliott had to be recast after the table read.
- Seth MacFarlane Will Not Return to Host the Oscars: "I Need Sleep" TV Guide - 15 hours ago
- The Voice, Dancing With The Stars Offer Words Of Support For Oklahoma Tornado Victims Access Hollywood - 14 hours ago
- Hollywood's Disabled Actors Protest NBC's 'Ironside' Casting - When Is It Their Turn? The Wrap - 45 minutes ago
- 'Rectify' Season Finale: Aden Young Talks About Daniel's Innocence ... or Guilt Yahoo! TV - 22 hours ago
- When Liberace Battled Batman and Taught the Hulk How to Tickle the Ivories [Video] Yahoo! TV - 20 hours ago
- NBC picks up 'Siberia' drama series Reuters - 18 hours ago