In a competitive situation with several studios interested, 20th Century Fox TV has signed hot young comedy writer-producer Kay Cannon in an overall deal. She will develop new projects for the studio and will also join 20th TV’s comedy series New Girl as a co-executive producer next season. Second City and UCB alumna Cannon spent the last 6 years on NBC’s Emmy-winning comedy series 30 Rock, starting as a staff writer in Season 1 and rising to supervising producer this season. In 2010 she received an Emmy nomination for co-writing with 30 Rock creator/star Tina Fey the Lee Marvin vs. Derek Jeter episode of the show. On the feature side, Cannon’s first script, Pitch Perfect, is being produced into a movie distributed by Universal and starring Anna Kendrick. Cannon is with WME and Brillstein Entertainment.
- 'Teen Wolf' Sophomore-Season Superlatives Yahoo! TV - 19 hours ago
- ABC Family Orders New Spelling Bee Game Show The Wrap - 22 hours ago
- A&E Cancels Intervention After 13 Seasons TV Guide - 21 hours ago
- DirecTV Comes Full Circle With David Boreanaz, Kate Walsh, Julian McMahon and More TVLine.com - 21 hours ago
- FX Sets Premiere Date for 'The Bridge' The Wrap - 20 hours ago
- Real Housewives' Tamra Barney Getting a Spin-Off TV Guide - 20 hours ago