He shot to international fame in The Social Network in 2010 and next month makes his big debut in The Amazing Spider-Man. Here are five things you may not know about Andrew Garfield, who is currently dating his Spider-Man co-star Emma Stone.
1. Born Andrew Russell Garfield on August 20, 1983 in Los Angeles, he was brought up in England by his British mother and American father.
2. When auditioning for The Amazing Spider-Man, provided a childhood photo of him wearing a Spider-Man costume. "My agent slipped it to the studio as they were making their decision," he told People magazine.
3. Heath Ledger surprised him at his 24th birthday party and announced that Andrew had gotten a role role in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, which turned out to be the Heath's final film.
4. His favorite movies include the '80s flicks Teen Wolf, The Karate Kid and The Goonies and his favorite actress is Meryl Streep.
5. Was a gymnast and swimmer until age 13 and now enjoys snowboarding and surfing.
Hot New Hookups! | The Latest Hollywood Trends | Summer’s Hottest New Movie
- Andrew Garfield