AMC today made official The Walking Dead supervising producer Scott M. Gimple‘s promotion to executive producer and showrunner for Season 4, replacing Glenn Mazzara. Additionally, co-executive producer, Emmy-winning Special Effects Makeup Supervisor and Director Greg Nicotero and producer Tom Luse have been elevated to executive producers. They join exec producers Robert Kirkman, on whose comic books the series is based, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert. Production on Season 4 will begin May 6 in Atlanta, Georgia. “Scott’s voice has been an integral one since he joined the show. Greg Nicotero is a true artist whose work is simply brilliant. And, Tom Luse has really created the machine that allows this very large show to get made week to week,” said AMC’s EVP Joel Stillerman. Gimple, who has been on the show’s writing staff since season two, has written some of the most talked-about episodes from Seasons 2 and 3 including episode 306 (“Hounded”) and last season’s climatic mid-season finale episode 207 (“Pretty Much Dead Already”), which revealed Sophia in the barn. Luse has been with the show since the beginning of production and was instrumental in setting up the production of AMC’s first owned scripted series. Based in Atlanta, he manages and oversees the day-to-day production of the series.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT