I don’t give a shit who won this 11th season’s increasingly stale and ratings-challenged American Idol because they all sound like cats being strangled and few make any impact on the music industry. But if you care, then comment here. I can tell you that host Ryan Seacrest announced a record 132 million votes in the showdown between 21-year-old bluesy guitar guy Phillip Phillips and 16-year-old teenage songbird Jessica Sanchez during tonight’s finale. At least that’s how AP describes the warblers competing for a recording contract. Do not read more if you don’t want to know who won:
Phillip Phillips of Leesburg, Ga. He’s the 5th male singer in a row to win.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT