According to American Idol producers, the Nicki Minaj-Mariah Carey beef may have been blown out of proportion.
In a joint statement, the show's producers addressed the feud, saying: "This is one of the best, most passionate, dynamic and invested judging panels we've ever had. We love and support all of the judges and the fantastic work they are doing, and we can't imagine a better group to find the next American Idol."
Idol feud heats up! Mariah Carey tells Barbara Walters: Nicki Minaj threatened to shoot me
The producers went on to refer to the majority of the "speculation" surrounding the rivalry as "inaccurate," before adding that the pair are now working together amicably.
It's unclear what these inaccuracies are, as one of Minaj's tantrums, in which she curses out Carey, was caught on tape and leaked. Carey went on to address the feud with Barbara Walters, who said on The View that the singer told her that Minaj threatened to shoot her. Minaj then responded on Twitter with a series of tweets mocking the claim.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - 8 hours ago
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - 8 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - 6 hours ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 5 hours ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 5 hours ago