On Tuesday's episode of America's Got Talent, Howard Stern criticized fellow judge Howie Mandel for his continued support of contestant Big Barry.
Barry delivered a lackluster performance of Nina Simone's "Feelin' Good" that elicited an immediate X from Stern, followed shortly by one from Sharon Osbourne. Despite the other judges' obvious dislike of the contestant, Mandel continued to insist on Barry's potential.
"Barry, I'm going to be totally honest with you. You're not a good singer. But you're an amazing character, and you've got this God-given stature and sound," Mandel said. "I think you're an incredible novelty act that people would come and see and pay for."
Obviously irritated, Osbourne reached over and pressed Mandel's X buzzer for him, while Stern was a little more vocal in his approach.
America's Got Talent: Rapper Granny G strips down, Top 48 revealed
"You know, the Howie filibuster is getting annoying to me actually," Stern said. "I gotta tell you, Big Barry, this isn't about you. This is about Howie and how he treats the show."
Stern then turned to Mandel and demanded that the judge apologize "to all the people that could have gotten through instead of Big Barry."
Watch the full video below. Do you think Big Barry should have made it to the quarterfinals?
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - 5 hours ago
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - 5 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - 4 hours ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 3 hours ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 2 hours 42 minutes ago