EXCLUSIVE: Annie Potts is set to star opposite Kyle Howard and Joel David Moore in the USA Network comedy pilot Paging Dr. Freed. Written by Michael Feldman and to be directed by Marc Buckland, the single-camera comedy centers on gynecologist brothers David (Howard) and Jonathan (Moore) who inherit their father’s thriving medical practice after he dies from a heart attack he suffers during an attempt at “playing” doctor with his young secretary. Potts will play the brothers’ ball-busting, overbearing mother who hates Jonathan’s wife (Leslie Grossman) and keeps meddling in her sons’ lives. It has been a busy last couple of days for Potts, who also booked a recurring role on the new NBC comedy series Animal Practice where she also plays the mother of the lead who is a doctor, veterinarian Dr. George Coleman (Justin Kirk). The Designing Women alumna also was offered a plum guest turn on NBC’s 1600 Penn, but the dates could not be worked out with Paging Dr. Freed and Animal Practice. Potts, repped by Innovative and manager Craig Dorfman, co-starred on ABC’s GCB this past season.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT