"The Bachelorette," Emily Maynard, and her 16 boyfriends scaled buildings, went to Dollywood, and hung out at the park with her BFFs, but it was this episode's one-liners that stole the show. Check out what happened, and some of the best quotes from this episode.On Monday night, May 28,
Emily's first date of the week was with Chris, who had to work hard for his supper. That meant scaling a big, scary building during a lightning storm before settling in for a rooftop dinner. While Emily seemed star struck by Chris's good looks (she actually told him "If I saw you across the bar, I would not talk to you") she was downright befuddled when he admitted he was only 25 years old. Red flag time! Still, she liked him enough to give him a chance -- and a rose.
A Little Help From Her Friends
A 12-on-1 date is crowded enough, so why not add Emily's four BFFs to the mix? Emily took her 12-pack to the park to get a grilling from her best girlfriends, and the questions were tough. (Sample question: "Have you ever cheated on a girlfriend?" Alessandro: "Yes.") Emily's gal pals agreed that Doug and Sean were the most impressive guys from the bunch. Sean got the group date rose.
Emily's final one-on-one date was with Arie, and she took him to the friendliest place on earth: Dollywood! In addition to conquering her very first coaster, Emily came face to face with her idol, Dolly Parton. Suffice it to say, after all that excitement Arie was clearly a shoe-in for some smooching and a safety rose. Yes, love really is a wild ride!
The Best Lines
Meanwhile, check out what the guys said to win Emily's heart this week (or not!) and some of the other epic lines of the night:
- "Sean is a genetic gift to the world."-- Emily's BFF Wendy, on the muscular, blonde contender during the park date
- "I am not gonna be taking my shirt off today. Not gonna happen." -- Sean, moments before doing shirtless pushups and offering pony rides, to the delight of Em's flirty BFF.
- "I would still love you, I just wouldn't love on you as much." -- Ryan, when telling Emily how he'd feel if she gained weight after they got married.
- "I want you to be with your son." -- Emily to Tony, who was missing his 5-year-old child, before she spontaneously sent him packing. (Translation: "You're not hubby material.")
- "It's Dolly Friggin' Parton!" -- Emily, upon being surprised by her idol.
- "I never had to share much in my life, and sharing you with some of these guys is devastating." -- Kalon to Emily, on his unworthy competition.
- "I love it when you talk, but I wish you'd let me finish."-- Kalon to Emily, after she interrupted him after he interrupted her.
- "I do like tall, skinny, and funny, but I don't like tall, skinny, and condescending."-- Emily, referring to Kalon.
- "I see it as a compromise."-- Alessandro, on how he would describe being in a relationship with Emily and her daughter, Ricki. Emily was offended enough by his "I have a compromise" mantra that she immediately escorted him out.
In addition to Tony and Alessandro, the night's other casualty was Stevie, the party MC.
Next week: It's off to Bermuda for Emily's lucky 13!
"The Bachelorette" airs on Monday nights at 8/7c on ABC.