Barbara Walters is returning tp "The View" next week after an absence caused by a fall and a case of the chicken pox.
"Like it or not, I'm coming back on the show again," Walters said on "The View" Tuesday, calling in to her co-hosts. "No more chicken pox. ... I haven't been contagious for a while, but they wanted me to have rest, and I've had enough rest and I'm ready to come back."
Also read: Barbara Walters Recovering From Head Injury
The 83-year-old was hospitalized in Washington D.C. on Jan. 19 after fainting at the British ambassador's residence and cutting her temple open. The following week, Whoopi Goldberg announced that Walters had been diagnosed with chicken pox, too.
"She'd never had it as a child," Goldberg explained. "So now she's been told to rest. She's not allowed any visitors. and we're telling you, Barbara, no scratching."
Walters, who created "The View" in 1997 and has been discussing hot topics on the all-female panel ever since, will resume moderating on March 4.