Ty Olsson has landed a recurring role on Supernatural, TVLine reports.
The Battlestar Galactica alum will play the pivotal role of Benny, the one responsible for saving Dean (Jensen Ackles) from purgatory. Though he might be the one to rescue Dean, Benny is far from the Winchester's guardian angel.
Benny is a dangerous vampire who Ackles described as "not a good guy."
Supernatural at Comic-Con: Dean's coming back "quickly" — But there's a catch
"[He] stands to pose a bit of an issue for Dean," Ackles told TVLine, "because maybe there are things that Dean has hidden that he doesn't' want to tell Sam that happened in purgatory."
Benny will be introduced in the Season 8 premiere, though this will not be Olsson's Supernatural debut. The actor originally donned fangs in Season 2 when he guest-starred as a vampire named Eli.
Supernatural returns Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 9/8c on The CW.
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 22 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 21 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 21 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 20 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 20 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 19 hours ago