Ty Olsson has landed a recurring role on Supernatural, TVLine reports.
The Battlestar Galactica alum will play the pivotal role of Benny, the one responsible for saving Dean (Jensen Ackles) from purgatory. Though he might be the one to rescue Dean, Benny is far from the Winchester's guardian angel.
Benny is a dangerous vampire who Ackles described as "not a good guy."
Supernatural at Comic-Con: Dean's coming back "quickly" — But there's a catch
"[He] stands to pose a bit of an issue for Dean," Ackles told TVLine, "because maybe there are things that Dean has hidden that he doesn't' want to tell Sam that happened in purgatory."
Benny will be introduced in the Season 8 premiere, though this will not be Olsson's Supernatural debut. The actor originally donned fangs in Season 2 when he guest-starred as a vampire named Eli.
Supernatural returns Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 9/8c on The CW.
- Seth MacFarlane Will Not Return to Host the Oscars: "I Need Sleep" TV Guide - 17 hours ago
- The Voice, Dancing With The Stars Offer Words Of Support For Oklahoma Tornado Victims Access Hollywood - 16 hours ago
- Hollywood's Disabled Actors Protest NBC's 'Ironside' Casting - When Is It Their Turn? The Wrap - 3 hours ago
- 'Rectify' Season Finale: Aden Young Talks About Daniel's Innocence ... or Guilt Yahoo! TV - Mon, May 20, 2013 12:34 PM PDT
- When Liberace Battled Batman and Taught the Hulk How to Tickle the Ivories [Video] Yahoo! TV - 23 hours ago
- NBC picks up 'Siberia' drama series Reuters - 20 hours ago