Ty Olsson has landed a recurring role on Supernatural, TVLine reports.
The Battlestar Galactica alum will play the pivotal role of Benny, the one responsible for saving Dean (Jensen Ackles) from purgatory. Though he might be the one to rescue Dean, Benny is far from the Winchester's guardian angel.
Benny is a dangerous vampire who Ackles described as "not a good guy."
Supernatural at Comic-Con: Dean's coming back "quickly" — But there's a catch
"[He] stands to pose a bit of an issue for Dean," Ackles told TVLine, "because maybe there are things that Dean has hidden that he doesn't' want to tell Sam that happened in purgatory."
Benny will be introduced in the Season 8 premiere, though this will not be Olsson's Supernatural debut. The actor originally donned fangs in Season 2 when he guest-starred as a vampire named Eli.
Supernatural returns Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 9/8c on The CW.
- 'Teen Wolf' Sophomore-Season Superlatives Yahoo! TV - 8 hours ago
- ABC Family Orders New Spelling Bee Game Show The Wrap - 10 hours ago
- A&E Cancels Intervention After 13 Seasons TV Guide - 9 hours ago
- DirecTV Comes Full Circle With David Boreanaz, Kate Walsh, Julian McMahon and More TVLine.com - 9 hours ago
- FX Sets Premiere Date for 'The Bridge' The Wrap - 8 hours ago
- Real Housewives' Tamra Barney Getting a Spin-Off TV Guide - 8 hours ago