As part of BBC America’s Supernatural Saturday, the net will air the first Doctor Who episode of season 7 at 9 PM ET on Sept 1. The show will also debut in the UK on BBC One about 7 hours earlier. The new series of five standalone segments kicks off with Asylum Of The Daleks, “an absolute belter,” according to star Matt Smith. Credited as the most ambitious Who season yet, episodes were shot on location in New York and Spain. Showrunner Steven Moffat – who’s also the co-creator of the BBC’s Sherlock - says, “Location shooting at this level is such a blast of fresh air for the show – wide open spaces and wide open skies. It’s easy to say ‘movie scale’ but that really is what we’re delivering.” Season 6 of Doctor Who was the most watched series ever on BBC America.
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 10 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 8 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 8 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 8 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 8 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 7 hours ago