There will be more First Family drama on Shonda Rhimes’ drama Scandal next season. The series starring Kerry Washington as Washington crisis management consultant/fixer Olivia Pope has promoted Bellamy Young to a regular. Young plays First Lady Mellie Grant on the show. She was a recurring guest star on the seven-episode first season and ended up appearing in every episode of the season, which featured Pope’s affair with President Grant (Tony Goldwyn) as a major storyline. Scandal is undergoing changes going into Season 2, with regular Henry Ian Cusick departing as his option was not picked up, and Young and Joshua Malina, who recurred as U.S. Attorney David Rosen, both promoted to regulars. Young, repped by Domain and Framework, recently recurred on Criminal Minds as Thomas Gibson’s love interest.
- Bad Teacher Heading To CBS Access Hollywood - 9 hours ago
- 5 Biggest Shockers From the Critics' Choice Award Nominations Yahoo! TV - 9 hours ago
- Nick Carter & His Fiancée To Topline Reality Series Deadline.com - 9 hours ago
- 'Merlin' Series Finale Preview: A Dream Is Not a Dream [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 9 hours ago
- Homeland Enlists SVU, Prison Break Actors for Season 3 TV Guide - 10 hours ago
- 'Bachelorette' Meredith Phillips: I'm an Alcoholic ET Online - 10 hours ago