As AMC’s dark drama Breaking Bad is wrapping its final season, co-star Betsy Brandt is segueing to a new series, this time on the comedy side. Brandt is set as the female lead opposite Michael J. Fox on his NBC comedy, which has a 22-episode order for a fall 2013 launch. The single-camera comedy, from Sony Pictures TV and producer-director Will Gluck, is inspired by Fox’s real life and stars him as Mike Burnaby, a husband and father of three in New York City juggling the challenges of family and career while dealing with Parkinson’s disease. A former lead anchor for a local NY station, Mike decides to go back to work after Parkinson’s forced him to take time off. Brandt, repped by TalentWorks and Patty Woo Management, will play Mike’s tough and loyal wife who works at their daughter’s high school. Her casting in the project required scheduling adjustments as Breaking Bad is currently filming its final episodes in Albuquerque, NM, while the Michael J. Fox show is slated to begin production at the end of next week in New York. It helped that both series are produced by Sony TV. On the pilot, directed by Gluck, Brandt joins Fox, Wendell Pierce, Katie Finneran, Conor Romero and Jack Gore.
- Returning Showrunner Dan Harmon Slams ‘Community’ Season 4 & Sony Bosses Deadline.com - 7 hours ago
- Chuck Lorre Confirms Angus T. Jones Will Be Back On Two And A Half Men Access Hollywood - 7 hours ago
- Future Of ‘Anger Management’ Co-Star Selma Blair In Limbo Over Falling-Out With Charlie Sheen Deadline.com - 7 hours ago
- John Hurt Joins FX's Vampire Thriller The Strain TV Guide - 5 hours ago
- ‘Curb’ Actor Won’t Be Charged in Parking Spot Incident Variety - 4 hours ago
- 'Storage Wars' Star Brandi Passante Gets Pittance in Porn Video Lawsuit The Wrap - 4 hours ago