Johnny Galecki is going to CBGB, with The Big Bang Theory star playing band manager Terry Ork in the indie punk rock movie. The real CBGB, which stood for “Country, BlueGrass and Blues”, was the legendary New York club where American punk rock and New Wave got its start in the mid-1970s, when bands like the Ramones, Blondie, Television and the Dead Boys took the tiny stage. Malin Akerman, who stars in the upcoming Rock Of Ages with Tom Cruise, has signed to play Blondie lead singer Debbie Harry. Alan Rickman will play the East Side bar’s proprietor Hily Kristal. Harry Potter’s Rupert Grint will play Dead Boys’ guitarist Cheetah Chrome. The film begins shooting in July in Savannah, Ga. Galecki is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - 22 hours ago
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - 22 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - 21 hours ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 19 hours ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 19 hours ago