The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey continued its box office reign this weekend, taking the top spot with an additional $36.7 million Box Office Mojo reports.
Though the Peter Jackson epic dropped 57 percent from its opening weekend, it still far outperformed new releases from Hollywood favorites Tom Cruise, Judd Apatow and Barbra Streisand.
The best movies of 2012
Coming in behind The Hobbit, Cruise's action flick Jack Reacher grossed only $15.6 million. Apatow's This Is 40 came in third with $12 million while Rise of the Guardians took fourth with $5.9 million. Lincoln rounded out the top five, raking in $5.6 million.
The Guilt Trip, Streisand's mother-son comedy with Seth Rogen took sixth place with $5.4, barely above the 3D release of Monsters, Inc, which grossed $5 million.
The best TV shows of 2012
Rounding out the top ten were Skyfall ($4.7 million), Life of Pi ($3.8 million) and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2 (2.6 milllion).
- James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead at 51 Yahoo! TV - 3 hours ago
- FX Picks Up Legal Comedy Starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence TVLine.com - 4 hours ago
- Stephen Amell: Why I Won't Join Fifty Shades Of Grey Movie Access Hollywood - 4 hours ago
- 'Full House' Flashback: Check Out Candace Cameron Bure's Cheesy Christmas Pic Yahoo! TV - 3 hours ago
- Matt Lauer Calls Katie Couric "Very Attractive," Rates Her a "9 or 10" Us Weekly - 3 hours ago
- Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' for Season 2 The Wrap - 1 hour 31 minutes ago