Britney Spears and Kevin Federline don't just share two beautiful children. They also share a more than $37,000 debt to the state of California.
RIP Jelena and TomKat! Check out the most shocking celebrity splits
According to TMZ, the former couple owes a $37,712.71 lien to the California Franchise Tax Board for unpaid income taxes from 2004.
It just so happens that 2004 was a memorable — and lucrative — year for Spears. Her 55-hour wedding to Jason Alexander was annulled, allowing the singer to marry Federline that fall. Spears also released her first fragrance Curious, a greatest hits album and her cover of Bobby Brown's "My Perogative." The singer also began her Onyx Hotel Tour that spring to promote In the Zone.
Fifty Shades of Lame! Check out TV's unsexiest sex scenes
Even Federline made some cash of his own, appearing in the hit dance film You Got Served that year.
Spears' rep insists that the lien was an error and will soon be fixed.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT