The NCIS family is getting a little bigger. CBS is planning another spin-off of the popular franchise to be planted within NCIS: Los Angeles, Deadline reports.
The spin-off will follow a mobile team of agents who live and work together as they travel across the U.S. solving crimes. The new characters and premise will be featured in a two-part episode of NCIS: LA airing later this season.
NCIS: What will Gibbs' "namesake" teach him about himself?
Shane Brennan, who serves as executive producer on both NCIS and NCIS: LA, will write and produce the project.
In their 10th and fourth seasons, respectively, NCIS — itself an offshoot of JAG — and NCIS: LA are two of the most-watched series on network television, so it comes as no surprise that CBS is looking to cash in on the franchise's success. But the news marks a change of tune from CBS: In July, CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler said that there were no plans to expand the NCIS franchise any time soon.
Are you looking forward to more NCIS?
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - 5 hours ago
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - 5 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - 3 hours ago
- Guess Who's Rescuing Brides Coast to Coast, Head to Hem in TLC's New Makeover Show? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 2 hours 52 minutes ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 2 hours 37 minutes ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 2 hours 8 minutes ago