CBS has renewed NCIS for an 11th season after closing a contract extension with star and executive producer Mark Harmon, the network announced Friday.
Pick your favorite TV crime fighters
"In a world gone niche, NCIS keeps getting bigger, and Mark Harmon continues to define the role of leading man on the #1 show on television," CBS President and CEO Leslie Moonves said in a statement. "NCIS is the type of franchise every company wants in today's global content ecosystem — high-quality storytelling that generates passionate viewers and drives revenue on every conceivable platform."
Since premiering in 2003, NCIS' ratings have only grown. Currently in its 10th season, the popular procedural is the No. 1 drama on television, averaging 21.48 million viewers and a 4.2 in the adults 18-to-49 demographic. Last month, it delivered its second-largest audience ever with 22.86 million viewers.
Are you excited for more NCIS?
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 10 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 8 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 8 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 8 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 7 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 7 hours ago