E! wants to see more of Chelsea Handler.
The Chelsea Lately host, who signed a deal in November to remain with the series through 2014, is finalizing a renewal to keep scripted spinoff After Lately on the network for a third season, an E! rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
The move comes as the NBCUniversal-owned network continues to grow its relationship with the 37-year-old comedian, who's developing and producing series for E! through her Borderline Amazing Productions shingle.
After Lately, which follows the fictional and largely improvised work lives of Chelsea Lately's cast, crew and writers, premiered on the network in March 2011. It has steadily built its ratings with help from such high-profile guests as Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon and Justin Bieber. The January season 2 finale brought in a record 1.7 million viewers, with an exceptionally high showing among women 18-34 (2.3 rating). The second season averaged 1.1 million viewers over the course of eight episodes.
In addition to her work on E!, Handler recently served as a writer, executive producer and guest star on NBC's Are You There, Chelsea? The sitcom ended its freshman run in March with a 1.2 rating among adults 18-49 and 3.1 million viewers.
After Lately also stars notable Handler staffers Chuy Bravo, Brad Wollack, Chris Franjola, Heather McDonald and Sarah Colonna.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - 14 hours ago
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - 14 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - 13 hours ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 12 hours ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 11 hours ago