NBC has tacked another hour on to the freshman season of drama Chicago Fire, bringing its order to 24 episodes. The network first ordered one extra episode last week, followed by another episode pickup yesterday. After a slow start, Chicago Fire has found its groove, enjoying a ratings surge in January when its three originals posted the series’ three biggest overall audiences to date and three of its four highest adult 18-49 ratings. The show has now topped its premiere 1.9 demo rating four times and its premiere viewership (6.6 million) six times, including with the Jan. 2 show which posted Live+Same Day series highs of a 2.4/7 in 18-49 and 8.5 million viewers overall. The order upgrades for Chicago Fire come amidst disappointing premiere ratings for NBC’s new midseason drama Do No Harm (0.9 in 18-49) and the second season of Smash (1.2). Chicago Fire is exec produced by Dick Wolf, Danielle Gelber, Michael Brandt, Derek Haas, Matt Olmstead and Peter Jankowski.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:22 PM PDT
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:28 PM PDT
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 1:50 PM PDT
- Guess Who's Rescuing Brides Coast to Coast, Head to Hem in TLC's New Makeover Show? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:44 PM PDT
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:00 PM PDT
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:29 PM PDT