Police stormed the home of Chris Brown Monday night after receiving an emergency call that turned out to be a hoax.
Golden Globes: Fashion hits and misses
According to The Los Angeles Times, police received a call shortly before 5 p.m. Monday evening with a report of domestic violence at Brown's home, claiming that the caller's mom may have been shot. When the police arrived at Brown's home, they discovered no disturbance, only Brown's employees.
See the sexiest looks from the Golden Globes red carpet
Brown is the latest victim of "swatting," an increasingly popular prank in which anonymous callers report a fictional crime to the police, sometimes resulting in SWAT officers being deployed. Tom Cruise, Justin Bieber, Ashton Kutcher and Kim Kardashian have also been targeted by the prank.
In December, police arrested a 12-year-old boy in connection with the incidents involving Kutcher and Bieber.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT