Christina Kirk has joined the cast of the NBC comedy pilot The Gates. The project, written by Cathy Yuspa and Josh Goldsmith and to be directed by Marc Buckland, received an early pilot green light last month. Based on the British series, The Gates is an adult ensemble comedy set at the front gates of an elementary school drop-off and revolves around the parents, school staff and 15-minute social minefield they navigate at the beginning and end of each school day. The show centers on the type-A Helen (Kathleen Rose Perkins), who just moved to town with her husband Mark and their 8-year-old daughter for Helen’s big new job. Kirk will play Sarah, a neglected, hot, depressed stay-at-home mom who starts hitting on Mark. Kirk, repped by Phoenix Artists and Circle of Confusion, recently did an arc on HBO’s Girls.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT