The Tunnel is the Franco-British adaptation of Scandinavian series The Bridge that’s gearing up for production next month. I’ve confirmed that Harry Potter actress Clémence Poésy and Game Of Thrones‘ Stephen Dillane have bagged the leads in what’s billed as the first-ever bilingual broadcast series for the UK and France. (UK site TVWise had the jump on the cast rumor.) The drama will be set primarily in Folkestone and Calais where detectives Karl Roebuck (Dillane) and Elise Wassermann (Poésy) are called to investigate the death of a French politician. When a shocking discovery is made at the crime scene, the pair is forced into an uneasy partnership as they seek out a politically-motivated serial killer who draws them into his own personal agenda. Ben Richards (Spooks, Outcasts, Party Animals) is heading up an Anglo-French writing team with broadcast planned for later this year. Sky Atlantic and Canal Plus are co-producing the 10-part drama from Kudos Film and TV and Shine France Films in association with Filmlance. FX recently shot a pilot starring Demian Béchir and Diane Kruger for its own U.S. version of the Hans Rosenfeldt-created show. Poésy is repped in France by Agence Elisabeth Simpson and Dillane is repped in the UK by Michelle Braidman Associates.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - 7 hours ago
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - 8 hours ago
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - 7 hours ago
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - 7 hours ago
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - 7 hours ago
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - 7 hours ago