The issue came up today during a CNN town hall staff meeting when soon-to-be-network president Jeff Zucker was asked his thoughts about the network expressing opinion. Zucker said he supported it where appropriate, noting Piers Morgan’s on-air advocacy for gun control, Politico reports, citing network sources. Morgan has emerged as a vocal advocate for gun control following the Newtown elementary school shooting and has had heated exchanges with gun rights supporters on his Piers Morgan Tonight. One staffer at today’s meeting described Zucker’s support for Morgan’s position as “clear and unequivocal”, according to Politico.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - 7 hours ago
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - 8 hours ago
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - 7 hours ago
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - 7 hours ago
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - 7 hours ago
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - 7 hours ago