Core Media Group, the umbrella entertainment company whose portfolio includes reality series American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance, is starting an international production division. The company is partnering with Simon Shaps, former Director of Television at ITV, to build the new unit, which will be based in London. Its goal will be to create formats to be sold in the global marketplace, including the U.K., and be brought back to the U.S. Shaps will also look for investment opportunities for Core, including production companies and international formats. As MD, International Content and Production, Shaps will report to Marc Graboff, President of Core Media Group and will work closely with Jennifer O’Connell, Head of Core’s U.S. Television Division. Shaps ran Granada’s and then ITV’s global production business before taking over as Director of Television. He commissioned some of the most successful shows in the U.K. like Britain’s Got Talent. Core recently expanded its team with the hiring of Glenn Stickley as SVP, T.V Production and Jenny Ramirez as VP, Development and Production.
- Returning Showrunner Dan Harmon Slams ‘Community’ Season 4 & Sony Bosses Deadline.com - 8 hours ago
- Chuck Lorre Confirms Angus T. Jones Will Be Back On Two And A Half Men Access Hollywood - 8 hours ago
- Future Of ‘Anger Management’ Co-Star Selma Blair In Limbo Over Falling-Out With Charlie Sheen Deadline.com - 8 hours ago
- John Hurt Joins FX's Vampire Thriller The Strain TV Guide - 6 hours ago
- ‘Curb’ Actor Won’t Be Charged in Parking Spot Incident Variety - 5 hours ago
- 'Storage Wars' Star Brandi Passante Gets Pittance in Porn Video Lawsuit The Wrap - 5 hours ago