EXCLUSIVE: In her first pilot season in the U.S., Israeli actress Yael Grobglas has landed one of the most sought-after roles for young actresses, the lead in the CW drama The Selection. Because of a theater commitment in her native country, I hear Grobglas, who is of French-Austrian decent, only had two weeks to audition in Los Angeles before returning home. They resulted in her booking America Singer. Set 300 years in the future, The Selection is an epic romance centering on America Singer (Grobglas), a working class young woman chosen by lottery to participate in a competition with 25 other women for the Royal Prince’s hand to become the nation’s next queen. Warner Bros. TV is producing the pilot, written by Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain based on Kiera Cass’ book. Aimee Teegarden, who played America in The Selection last year, is the lead of another CW pilot this year, Oxygen. Two other Selection cast members from last year, Sean Patrick Thomas and Peta Sergeant, are reprising their roles. While an unknown in the U.S., Grobglas has played the lead of a series before – she toplined the Israeli series Tanuhi (Give It A Rest). She is with Thruline and attorney Jamie Feldman.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - 19 hours ago
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - 19 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - 18 hours ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 17 hours ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 16 hours ago