Larry Hagman, who played the evil oilman J.R. Ewing on the hit primetime soap Dallas, has died, sources close to the actor told The Dallas Morning News. He was 81.
Hagman, who before Dallas starred with Barbara Eden on another TV hit, I Dream of Jeannie, died Friday afternoon in a Dallas hospital.
In October 2011, the actor said he had a "treatable" form of cancer and that he would work on TNT's Dallas reboot during treatment.
"As J.R. I could get away with anything — bribery, blackmail and adultery. But I got caught by cancer," he said then. "I do want everyone to know that it is a very common and treatable form of cancer. I will be receiving treatment while working on the new Dallas series. I could not think of a better place to be than working on a show I love, with people I love. Besides, as we all know, you can't keep J.R. down!"
More to come ...
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 17 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 15 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 15 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 14 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 14 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 13 hours ago