Someone fire up the bat signal; David Letterman threw "Dark Knight Rises" fans into a severe state of distress Thursday night. Letterman might, just maybe, have revealed the ultimate secret about Christopher Nolan's highly anticipated superhero flick while interviewing star Anne Hathaway. [SPOILER ALERT: Stop reading now if you don't want to know how "Dark Knight Rises" might possibly end. Seriously; close your browser, hide under your bed and, just to be safe, stick your fingers in your ears and yell "La, la, la, la, I can't hear you!"] " ... and in the end, Batman is dead," Letterman said while grilling Hathaway. "Dave...," Hathaway replied, following a tense pause. Also read: AMC Adds "Dark Knight Rises" Midnight Shows, Marathon Screenings to Meet Demand Letterman quickly backtracked, telling the audience, "He's not dead. Just relax, will you?" Hathaway then attempted to distance herself from the situation, telling Letterman, "You know this is a whole thing ... the wrath that you have just invited onto yourself. I had no part in it, I'm sorry." Also read: "The Dark Knight Rises" 13-Minute Clip Released "We'll just see if this hurts ticket sales or not," Letterman concluded. Judging from the advance interest in the film, which hits theaters July 20, we're guessing not. Maybe Letterman was just preemptively auditioning for the role of the Joker in the event of a reboot? Watch the video and draw your own conclusion.
- Returning Showrunner Dan Harmon Slams ‘Community’ Season 4 & Sony Bosses Deadline.com - 9 hours ago
- Chuck Lorre Confirms Angus T. Jones Will Be Back On Two And A Half Men Access Hollywood - 9 hours ago
- Future Of ‘Anger Management’ Co-Star Selma Blair In Limbo Over Falling-Out With Charlie Sheen Deadline.com - 9 hours ago
- John Hurt Joins FX's Vampire Thriller The Strain TV Guide - 7 hours ago
- ‘Curb’ Actor Won’t Be Charged in Parking Spot Incident Variety - 6 hours ago
- 'Storage Wars' Star Brandi Passante Gets Pittance in Porn Video Lawsuit The Wrap - 6 hours ago