That dismal audience of 2.7 million viewers for the 2009 Daytime Emmy Awards on the CW looks pretty damn good compared with this year’s viewership for the awards show, which has been without a permanent TV home for the past four years. Airing on cable network HLN, the Daytime Emmys drew 912,000 from 8-10 PM on Saturday night. The live broadcast more than doubled the cable network’s primetime average, but it is unclear whether the CNN sibling would go for an encore after picking up the awards show in a one-off deal this year. Compare with last year’s Daytime Emmys on CBS (5.4 million), this year’s telecast was down 83%.
- Bad Teacher Heading To CBS Access Hollywood - 11 hours ago
- 5 Biggest Shockers From the Critics' Choice Award Nominations Yahoo! TV - 11 hours ago
- Nick Carter & His Fiancée To Topline Reality Series Deadline.com - 12 hours ago
- 'Merlin' Series Finale Preview: A Dream Is Not a Dream [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 12 hours ago
- Homeland Enlists SVU, Prison Break Actors for Season 3 TV Guide - 12 hours ago
- 'Bachelorette' Meredith Phillips: I'm an Alcoholic ET Online - 12 hours ago