Barely two months after Katie Holmes called it quits with her ex-hubby Tom Cruise, the former couple's divorce was finalized earlier this week. But the former Dawson's Creek actress walked away with nothing, according to TMZ.
According to the report, Holmes received neither spousal support nor a lump sum payout, which is consistent with the pre-nuptial agreement she signed five years ago. However, Cruise will pay child support of roughly $400,000 a year to the couple's daughter, Suri. Cruise will be in charge of making those payments for the next 12 years until Suri turns 18. The Mission Impossible star will also pay for his daughter's expenses, including medical, dental, insurance, education, college and any extracurricular costs.
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are officially divorced
TMZ also claims that Cruise and Holmes have both agreed that Suri will not attend a "residential school," meaning their daughter won't attend a boarding school, including one supporting Scientology. Though Holmes could have opted for more child support had the couple gone to court, she opted to settle quickly and quietly.
Do you think the settlement is fair?
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT