Disney CEO Bob Iger has been everywhere lately, including a meeting this week of ABC affiliates. It’s “the first time in years” that he has showed at one of these gatherings, Broadcasting & Cable reports. The magazine says he spoke to representatives of about 200 affiliates for about a half-hour. It was the first meeting under new chairman Dave Boylan of Miami’s WPLG. Iger picked a good time to strengthen ties with ABC’s affiliates, as the network needs their help for its effort to improve its primetime performance. Upcoming shows Nashville and 666 Park Avenue were well-received following last week’s upfront presentation. Also, the network and stations are working out the kinks in their Inventory Exchange System that enables them to buy ad spots from each other. They also discussed digital distribution plans.
- Seth MacFarlane Will Not Return to Host the Oscars: "I Need Sleep" TV Guide - 11 hours ago
- The Voice, Dancing With The Stars Offer Words Of Support For Oklahoma Tornado Victims Access Hollywood - 10 hours ago
- Hollywood's Disabled Actors Protest NBC's 'Ironside' Casting - When Is It Their Turn? The Wrap - 10 hours ago
- 'Rectify' Season Finale: Aden Young Talks About Daniel's Innocence ... or Guilt Yahoo! TV - 19 hours ago
- When Liberace Battled Batman and Taught the Hulk How to Tickle the Ivories [Video] Yahoo! TV - 17 hours ago
- NBC picks up 'Siberia' drama series Reuters - 14 hours ago