Friday’s premiere of Disney Junior‘s Sofia The First on Disney Channel ranked as the No. 1 preschool series launch in cable TV history in girls 2-5 (673,000/8.6 rating), adults 18-49 (948,000/0.8 rating) and women 18-49 (710,000/1.1 rating). It also was the No. 2 weekday preschool cable launch in more than 12 years in total viewers (2.7 million) since August 2000 behind only Disney Channel’s Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (2.8 million). In kids 2-5, Sofia The First virtually tied Doc McStuffins as the network’s No. 1 weekday series launch ever in kids 2-5 (1.0 million/6.3 rating). In November, the animated special Sofia The First: Once Upon A Princess delivered 5.2 million total viewers on Disney Channel, becoming the top cable telecast of 2012 among kids 2-5 (1.5 million/9.1 rating) and girls 2-5 (954,000/12.2 rating).
- It Was a Dark/Great Time for the Rebellion Yahoo! TV - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT