The animated series debuts on Friday, January 11 at 9:30 AM on Disney Channel and at 5:30 PM on Disney Junior. The premiere dates announcement comes just more than a week after the series’ special Sofia The First: Once Upon A Princess delivered 5.2 million total viewers on Disney Channel, becoming the top cable telecast of 2012 among kids 2-5 and girls 2-5. Created for kids ages 2-7, Sofia The First tells the story of Princess Sofia, an adventurous girl who is adjusting to royal life after her mom marries the king and she becomes a princess overnight. The series features the voices of Ariel Winter as Sofia; Sara Ramirez as Queen Miranda, Sofia’s loyal and caring mother; Wayne Brady as Clover, Sofia’s wise-talking rabbit sidekick; and Tim Gunn as Baileywick, the castle’s royal steward. The guest voice cast includes Eric Stonestreet, Viola Davis, Bonnie Hunt, Ellie Kemper, Megan Mullally, Kiernan Shipka and Jeffrey Tambor. Craig Gerber (Pixie Hollow Games) developed the series and serves as co-executive producer and story editor. Jamie Mitchell (Special Agent Oso) is executive producer and director. Sofia The First is a production of Disney Television Animation.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT