UPDATED: More media giants are stepping up to aid in the recovery efforts following devastating Hurricane Sandy. Disney announced today it is committing $2 million to the American Red Cross and other organizations working on rebuilding efforts. Viacom also is making $1 million donation. The company says it will donate $500,000 to the Mayor’s Fund for NYC and $500,000 to local organizations for relief and rebuilding efforts in Connecticut, Long Island, New Jersey and Westchester County. Viacom also has set up a $1 million employee matching gift program with The American Red Cross. Disney also says it will match employee contributions dollar for dollar. Time Additionally, Time Warner Cable is donating $600,000 and is dispatching vehicles with mobile charging stations and free Wi-Fi access throughout New York City. TWC retail stores in Staten Island and Queens will allow anyone to recharge their devices. Yesterday, News Corp announced a $1 million donation, with $500,000 going to the Mayor’s Fund and the rest to support relief efforts in New Jersey.
- TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive) The Wrap - 5 hours ago
- Hollywood's disabled actors protest NBC's 'Ironside' casting - when is it their turn? Reuters - 4 hours ago
- VH1 sets 'Gossip Table' for June 3 Reuters - 4 hours ago
- 'Nashville' Crew Member's Wife Accuses Show of Mistreatment The Wrap - 4 hours ago
- Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA AP - 3 hours ago