Australian actors Meegan Warner and Daniel Henshall have become the first cast in AMC‘s period drama pilot Turn, written by Nikita creator/executive producer Craig Silverstein and directed by Rise Of The Planet of The Apes helmer Rupert Wyatt. Based on Alexander Rose’s book Washington’s Spies, Turn is set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer Abe Woodhull, who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence. Warner, repped by Armada Partners, Gersh, attorney Chad Christopher and Smith & Jones Management in Australia, will play Mary Woodhull, Abe’s wife who does not want to see their young son grow up to become a soldier anytime soon. Henshall, repped by Resolution and RGM in Australia, will play Caleb Brewster, a former whaler, now Lieutenant in the Second Continental Artillery who is eager to fight back against the oppressive British. This marks the first pilot booking for Jeff Berg’s recently launched agency Resolution. The pilot, from AMC Studios, is executive produced by Silverstein and Barry Josephson.
- TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive) The Wrap - Tue, May 21, 2013 3:02 PM PDT
- Hollywood's disabled actors protest NBC's 'Ironside' casting - when is it their turn? Reuters - 23 hours ago
- VH1 sets 'Gossip Table' for June 3 Reuters - 23 hours ago
- 'Nashville' Crew Member's Wife Accuses Show of Mistreatment The Wrap - 7 hours ago
- Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA AP - 7 hours ago