A&E Network is turning on the Southern charm — reality style. The network announced today that The Governor’s Wife will debut on February 27. Produced by Leftfield Prods, the company behind History’s Pawn Stars, as well as SSS Entertainment, the 12-episode series follows 85-year-old former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards and his 34-year-old wife Trina and their life in the New South. The couple met as pen pals when Edwards was serving 8 1/2 years behind bars for bribery and extortion; they married when he was released. The marriage, as the series suggests, is not one all of Edwards’ family is happy with — especially his daughters, who are almost twice their new stepmom’s age. Leftfield’s Brent Montgomery, David George, Dominick Pupa and Shaun Sanghani are executive producers along with A&E’s David McKillop, Elaine Frontain Bryant, Drew Tappon and Devon Graham.
- Returning Showrunner Dan Harmon Slams ‘Community’ Season 4 & Sony Bosses Deadline.com - 8 hours ago
- Chuck Lorre Confirms Angus T. Jones Will Be Back On Two And A Half Men Access Hollywood - 7 hours ago
- Future Of ‘Anger Management’ Co-Star Selma Blair In Limbo Over Falling-Out With Charlie Sheen Deadline.com - 7 hours ago
- John Hurt Joins FX's Vampire Thriller The Strain TV Guide - 6 hours ago
- ‘Curb’ Actor Won’t Be Charged in Parking Spot Incident Variety - 5 hours ago
- 'Storage Wars' Star Brandi Passante Gets Pittance in Porn Video Lawsuit The Wrap - 5 hours ago