The logline for A&E Network‘s new drama series Bates Motel, a contemporary prequel to Hitchcock’s classic Psycho, stressed that at the heart of the show is the dark, twisted backstory of Norman Bates (Freddie Highmore) and how deeply intricate his relationship with his mother, Norma (Vera Farmiga), truly is. The first key art for the series (click on image for larger view), underlines that with a shot of Norman and Norma, sitting on the edge of the bed in a Bates Motel room, and the tagline, “A boy’s best friend is his mother.” Simultaneously, A&E also has released a new teaser for show featuring similar imagery. Here is an exclusive first peek. Bates Motel, from executive producers Carlton Cuse (Lost) and Kerry Ehrin (Friday Night Lights), premieres March 18.
- Bad Teacher Heading To CBS Access Hollywood - 15 hours ago
- 5 Biggest Shockers From the Critics' Choice Award Nominations Yahoo! TV - 15 hours ago
- Nick Carter & His Fiancée To Topline Reality Series Deadline.com - 15 hours ago
- 'Merlin' Series Finale Preview: A Dream Is Not a Dream [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 16 hours ago
- Homeland Enlists SVU, Prison Break Actors for Season 3 TV Guide - 16 hours ago
- 'Bachelorette' Meredith Phillips: I'm an Alcoholic ET Online - 16 hours ago