The logline for A&E Network‘s new drama series Bates Motel, a contemporary prequel to Hitchcock’s classic Psycho, stressed that at the heart of the show is the dark, twisted backstory of Norman Bates (Freddie Highmore) and how deeply intricate his relationship with his mother, Norma (Vera Farmiga), truly is. The first key art for the series (click on image for larger view), underlines that with a shot of Norman and Norma, sitting on the edge of the bed in a Bates Motel room, and the tagline, “A boy’s best friend is his mother.” Simultaneously, A&E also has released a new teaser for show featuring similar imagery. Here is an exclusive first peek. Bates Motel, from executive producers Carlton Cuse (Lost) and Kerry Ehrin (Friday Night Lights), premieres March 18.
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 11 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 9 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 9 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 8 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 8 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 8 hours ago