As the UK’s Sky Living ramps up its NBC co-production Dracula with Jonathan Rhys Meyers, it’s also commissioned a slate of new series with talent that includes The Newsroom‘s Emily Mortimer and Emmy- and Oscar-nominated writer Simon Blackwell. Mortimer stars in and created the six-part comedy Doll & Em, an L.A.-set female buddy show that will co-star her real-life best friend Dolly Wells, and come replete with surprise high-profile celebrity cameos. Blackwell, whose credits include Veep, In The Loop and The Thick Of It, co-created new comedy Trying Again with actor Chris Addison, who starred in both In The Loop and The Thick Of It. The eight-part show, about a man whose fiancée has an affair with her boss, has yet to finalize cast, but is set for production this summer. The commissions follow last week’s announcements of the Sky/BBC America James Bond biopic Fleming along with a group of dramas involving Matt Smith, Idris Elba and Vanessa Redgrave which are all part of Sky’s drive to invest £600M in original content by 2014.
- Bad Teacher Heading To CBS Access Hollywood - 14 hours ago
- 5 Biggest Shockers From the Critics' Choice Award Nominations Yahoo! TV - 14 hours ago
- Nick Carter & His Fiancée To Topline Reality Series Deadline.com - 14 hours ago
- 'Merlin' Series Finale Preview: A Dream Is Not a Dream [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 15 hours ago
- Homeland Enlists SVU, Prison Break Actors for Season 3 TV Guide - 15 hours ago
- 'Bachelorette' Meredith Phillips: I'm an Alcoholic ET Online - 15 hours ago