LOS ANGELES – July 16, 2012 – TV Guide Network announced today that it has hired Michael DuPont as its new Executive Vice President, Advertising Sales. Following a successful 10-year run at NBC Universal Cable Entertainment, DuPont joins TV Guide during a new era of growth for the Network, as it continues to significantly invest in Hollywood-centric originals and aggressively expand HD and full-screen programming across its 80 million households. DuPont begins his new role immediately and will head TV Guide Network’s national advertising team from New York.
“Michael is a seasoned executive with a solid track record who will greatly strengthen our national ad sales efforts and position the Network for continued growth,” said Allen Shapiro, Chairman of TV Guide Network.
“I’m excited to join TV Guide Network during a pivotal time for the business and believe the Network is poised for significant opportunities ahead,” said DuPont.
Previously, DuPont served as Vice President, National Advertising Sales at NBC Universal Cable Entertainment’s Oxygen Media, where he sold across the brand’s multiple platforms. While at Oxygen, he focused on increasing the number of new advertisers and broke several new key categories.
Prior to NBC Universal, DuPont was Vice President of Sales for the former media entity, AOL Time Warner. During his tenure, he was responsible for the company’s ad sales in the entertainment category. DuPont began his sales career in cable at Viacom’s MTV Networks, where he held a variety of positions, including Director of Sales.
DuPont earned his MBA from NYU Stern School of Business.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - 20 hours ago
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - 20 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - 19 hours ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 17 hours ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 17 hours ago